With over 400 installations worldwide, including state-of-the-art G10 stages, CoreFlow provides proven, best-in-class air floating solutions for FPD Automated Optical Inspection (AOI). CoreFlow’s handling platform integrates into AOI systems to provide consistent and reliable handling of glass substrates with maximum positioning accuracy.
The non-contact air float stage is based on CoreFlow’s unique Air Cushion and SmartNozzle™ technologies, which creates high stiffness and substrate flatness. Subsequently, this enables the most accurate vertical positioning from ±25μm up to the high accuracy of ±5μm.
CoreFlow’s solution consists of a rigid rail structure with a simple pneumatic design that in the inspection process zone connects to the PV (pressure and vacuum) stage. The PV stage is located at both sides of the inspection area, allowing for an accurate air gap above the backlight and scan line. This stage configuration uniquely utilizes low mass flow rates, saves costs at the fab stage, enables fast implementation and provides superior overall flatness performance.
Air Floating stage for AOI - Key features and Benefits
- Maximum consistency and air gap accuracy
- Reliable performance across the entire inspection system
- Reduced maintenance costs
- Customized hybrid rails, up to 3.5m length per rail, enabling:
- Minimal pressure and vacuum connections
- Low number of adjustment springs
- Simple interface to system base structure
- Low air consumption (pressure and vacuum).
- High durability against mechanical hazards (scratches, dust and fluids)